DIRECTV Stream, rebranded from AT&T TV, is a premium live TV and on-demand streaming service. You can use this service to watch movies, popular shows, breaking news, and more. It is a contract-free service to stream after setting up the Apple TV. With this, you can stream your desired titles at any time from anywhere with a 4k resolution. In addition, you can pause and rewind Live TV with DirecTV Stream on Apple TV. With all its subscription plans, the users are allowed to stream it on unlimited devices. It provides personalized recommendations, and you can watch your favorite titles.
DIRECTV Stream Subscription Prices
If you are interested in using the DIRECTV Stream app, then you can choose any one plan according to your budget
- Entertainment – $69.99 per month, and it has 65 + channels.
- Choice- $89.99 per month, and it offers 90 + channels.
- Ultimate- $104.99 per month and it provides 130 + channels.
- Premier- $149.99 per month, and it has 140+ channels.
How to Install DIRECTV Stream on Apple TV
If you want to watch DIRECTV Stream on Apple TV 4k or HD, you can directly install the app via App Store.
1. Connect your Apple TV to WIFI and use the same internet on your iPhone.
2. On your Apple TV, navigate to the Home option to get the home screen.
3. Then, choose the App Store and tap on the Search icon.
4. Now, type the app name DIRECTV Stream and find the app in the App Store.
5. From the suggestions list, choose DIRECTV Stream and click the Get button to install the app on the TV.
6. Once installed, tap the Open button to launch the app on Apple TV and Sign in to your account with the credential details.
7. Finally, you are ready to stream and watch DIRECTV Stream on your Apple TV.
Alternative Method to Get DIRECTV Stream on Apple TV
If you don’t want to install the app on App Store, then you can try this alternative method to get the app on Apple TV
1. First, verify your iPhone/ iPad and Apple TV are connected to the same wireless network.
2. Now, Download and install the DIRECTV Stream from your App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Soon, the downloading process will be over, and the installation process will begin.
4. Once installed, tap the Open button and Sign in to the account.
5. Navigate to the Control Panel and then pick the Screen Mirroring option.
6. Now, a list of available devices will be queued. Choose your Apple TV.
7. Finally, you can screen mirror the video from the DIRECTV Stream to your Apple TV.
DIRECTV Stream Not Working on Apple TV: Possible Fixes
DIRECTV Stream will not work on your TV for varied reasons. It can be resolved with the steps below.
- Check the internet connection. It is better to connect Apple TV to stable WIFI.
- Find if the DIRECTV Stream server is working.
- Force close the app and relaunch it.
- Update the app with the latest version.
- You can restart your Apple TV.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Check if the subscription is still active. Else renew it.
These are the two ways in which you can watch DirecTV Stream on your tvOS. It is all that you need to stream sports, news, and everything in between. You can watch lots of popular channels available, including CNN, CBS, FOX, Comedy Central, etc.
DIRECTV Stream offers a free trial for new subscribers for five days to verify the service.
Yes. You can get it installed from the Apple App Store.
It means your Apple TV isn’t yet compatible with the app.