Disney Plus (Disney+) is an American subscription-based video streaming service launched in 2019. The streaming platform contains mostly Marvel Cinematic movies like the Iron Man, Avengers, and films from Disney original, and there are more than 100 million Disney Plus subscribers worldwide. And the Disney Plus app is available for devices like Android, iOS, Firestick, Roku, and Apple TV. Disney Plus contains movies from Marvel Cinematic Universe, Disney Originals, and other popular movies. But, you need to get a subscription from the official website of Disney Plus to get access to its platform. Lately, lots of users came across the Disney Plus not working issue on Apple TV and a few other platforms. However, it is a temporary issue, and this section guides you to solve the Disney Plus app not working issue.
How to Fix Disney Plus Not Working Issue
You can follow the below fixes for Disney Plus not working issue.
Force Close the Disney Plus App
If your screen got frozen in the middle while you’re in the Disney Plus app, you could force exit the Disney Plus app. Then you can open the Disney Plus application and check if its working or not
1. Turn on your Apple TV.
2. Open the Disney Plus app on your Apple TV. If you found it not working, follow the steps below.
3. Then, press the TV button twice on your Siri remote.
4. All the app installed on your Apple TV will line up.
5. Select the Disney plus App.
6. Press the Up button on your Siri remote to close the Disney Plus application.
Restart your Apple TV
There can be some issues on your Apple TVs’ firmware that cause the Disney Plus application not working issue. You can fix this problem by restarting your Apple TV.
1. Select the Settings from the home screen.
2. Then, System.
3. Now, select Restart. Your Apple TV will begin the restart process.
After the restart, you can open the Disney Plus app. However, if the issue persists, you should proceed further.
Related: iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Mac – Best Possible Fixes
Unplug and Reconnect your Apple TV
Try unplugging your Apple TV and reconnecting it and see if it fixes the Disney Plus not working issue.
1. Unplug your Apple TV from the HDMI Port on your TV. Also, you shall unplug the adapter from the Power source.
2. Wait for your Apple TV device to cool down.
3. Then, reconnect your Apple TV device to the HDMI Port of your TV.
4. Connect the adapter to the power source and turn it on.
5. Now, open the Disney Plus app. Now, it should work fine.
Update the Disney Plus App
If you haven’t updated your Disney Plus application for a very long time, then try updating the Disney plus application on your Apple TV.
1. Select the App Store on your tvOS home screen.
2. Choose the Search icon.
3. Search for the Disney Plus application.
4. If you see the Update button, Select it to update the Disney Plus application.
Update your Apple TV
Updating the firmware on your Apple TV will remove all the bugs on your Apple TV. So, update your Apple TV and start to stream on Disney Plus again.
1. Return to the main menu.
2. Select Settings from the home screen.
3. Then, choose System > Software Update.
4. Now, Select Update Software.
5. If an update is available, the Download and Install button gets displayed onscreen. Select it. The update will be installed automatically after the download is complete.
6. Now, your Disney Plus application on your Apple TV will work properly.
What to do if the Disney Plus App Still Won’t Work on Apple TV
Now, you may be able to watch the movies on the Disney Plus app again. However, if any of the above methods failed to fix the issue, it may be because of your Wi-Fi connection.
1. Make sure that you have connected to a Wi-Fi connection.
2. Check the stability of your internet connection by checking its speed.
3. Sign out of the Disney Plus application and Sign in again.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the Disney Plus app again.
4. You can also visit the Disney Plus Help Centre page to know how to troubleshoot Disney Plus if it’s not working.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on Apple TV in 2 Ways [All Models]
These are all possible methods you can use to fix the Disney Plus app if it is not working. The reason behind this issue is only because of a technical glitch or instability in your Wi-Fi connection. So, these troubleshooting methods in this article should do the trick to bring you on track to the entertainment zone. You shall visit our blog for more article updates, tips, and tricks related to Apple devices.