Apple TV, a palm-sized, set-up box-style device, is a streaming media player. It transforms your home entertainment when connected to your TV via an HDMI cable. Apple TV uses the internet and delivers the best entertainment content. You will find lots of channels on the App Store with which you can watch movies, TV shows, series, news, sports, entertainment, etc. ESPN is a worthy addition to the App Store, and you can use it to stream live events, shows from the ESPN network, on-demand news, etc. Never miss anything from NFL, MLB, NBA, Soccer, Golf, Tennis, and more with ESPN on Apple TV 4th generation.
With the ESPN+ subscription at $5.99, you can stream exclusive live sports, ESPN+ Originals, and more in HD quality. It brings you the highlights, scores, and the news that you find important. In this section, you will find the procedure to install and watch ESPN on Apple TV.
How to Get ESPN on Apple TV
ESPN is officially available on the App Store, and you can install it on the Apple TV with ease.
- Apple TV with tvOS 13.0 or later
- ESPN login details
- Internet or Wi-Fi
1. With your Apple TV connected to the internet, launch the App Store.
2. Use the Apple TV remote to navigate on the menu bar at the top to select Search.
3. With the help of the screen keyboard, enter the app name as ESPN.
4. You should choose ESPN when you get the list of suggestions below.
5. On the channel info screen, click on the Get button to download the app.
6. After the download and installation, select Open to launch the app.
7. If prompted to activate, visit https://www.espn.com/watch/activate to activate ESPN from any other device browser.
How to AirPlay ESPN on Apple TV
Those who have Apple TV 3rd generation or lower can watch ESPN from your iPhone or iPad using AirPlay. Try out these steps below to watch ESPN on tvOS.
1. You should begin with connecting your iOS and tvOS devices to the same Wi-Fi.
2. Go to the Apps section of your iOS device and launch the ESPN app.
3. Enter the login details of the ESPN app and sign in to your account.
4. Open the Control Center and press the Screen Mirror icon.
5. Select the Apple TV, and when the connection establishes, you will find ESPN on tvOS.
6. Now, play any sports event on your iOS, and the same gets mirrored to your Apple TV.
Alternative Ways to Get Access to ESPN on Apple TV
You will find the ESPN channel as a part of different subscription-based streaming services. The list of such services is as follows. In this way, you save your subscription price and device space.
YouTube TV ($64.99/mo)
ESPN is a part of the 85+ channels available on YouTube TV. You can instantly stream ESPN events and shows on tvOS if you have YouTube TV on Apple TV. It has unlimited cloud DVR storage, and you can record any sports to watch it later.
Sling TV (Sling Orange $30/mo)
If you have Sling TV on Apple TV, you can watch ESPN with the Sling Orange subscription. The other way is to get the Sports Addon or STARZ addon. With any of them, you can watch live sports matches, highlights, scores, analytics, etc.
Hulu + Live TV ($64.99/mo)
Streaming your favorite live sports is easy with Hulu + Live TV subscription on tvOS. With this, you can take advantage of streaming ESPN on Apple TV. It has enhanced Cloud DVR support and you can stream ESPN shows and events without any limits.
If you have AT&T TV on Apple TV, it covers all the top sports networks. With this, you can stream the ESPN channel and its events. Stay up-to-date with the latest highlights, scores, expert analysis, etc.
Related: How to Install and Stream Paramount Plus on Apple TV
That was all the different ways in which you can watch ESPN on Apple TV. You can choose whichever method is convenient for you to stay tuned to your favorite sports. For more such tips and tips, follow our blog.