Facebook is the most used app when it comes to social media or communication. It made sure its users connect with almost anyone across the world in no time especially friends. While Facebook is a cross-platform app and available for the most devices, it isn’t made for Apple Watch. The unavailability of a dedicated Facebook app for Apple Watch doesn’t mean you cannot access it. You can still use some of the Facebook features from your wrist without relying on your iPhone. Read the article further if you want to use Facebook on Apple Watch.
How to Use Facebook on Apple Watch?
The indirect way of using Facebook on watchOS is through WebKit. Apple has integrated WebKit, Safari browser’s engine into watchOS 5. With this, you can open a full web page by sending a link using email or text message. We recommend sharing the link via email as you can flag it and open it to access Facebook at any time. To flag the email message, hold your finger down on the watchOS display while the message is on the screen. Tap on the Flag option on the pop-up menu, and with this, the email message appears in the Flagged inbox.
Note: Since Safari isn’t available on watchOS, you cannot expect all the features to work as iPhone or macOS. For instance, you can read Facebook updates, messages, etc., while you cannot watch YouTube videos.
1. Start by composing an email to yourself from any device.
2. Provide the link, https://www.facebook.com, on the body of the email.
3. Enter the same email address you have used to set up mail on your iPhone to access the email message from watchOS.
4. On your watchOS, open the Mail app and go to the inbox.
5. Swipe down the screen to download the email message.
6. As soon as the email appears on watchOS, open the message and click on the Facebook link.
7. When the Facebook website loads, provide your login credentials to log in and use.
Did you know that you could unlock iPhone with Apple Watch easily, see how.
How to Use Facebook Messenger on Apple Watch?
If you need to chat with your friends on Facebook using your smart watch is if that is all you need, watchOS has a dedicated Messenger app for Apple Watch. Click this link to know how to comfortably chat with your friends on Facebook from your Apple Watch. Also, if you are missing many other apps on your watch, see how to add apps to Apple Watch in easy ways.
It was all the info we have gathered for you regarding Fb on Apple Watch. For more tips & tricks, you shall stay tuned with our blog.