Freeview is one of the most popular digital platforms, where you can watch shows, live or on-demand movies, and more content for free. It supports all streaming devices like Roku, Chromecast, smartphones, PC, and Amazon Fire Stick. However, if you want to watch Freeview on Apple TV 4K or any other model, you cannot get it from the Apple App Store.
Freeview works in partnership with the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Sky, Arqiva, and more. The app offers 15 HD channels, 70 TV channels, and 7 demand players. One of the most loved features of Freeview is that you can choose your favorite or preferred channel and pay only for the channels you pick. Apart from this, you can download the content of this app through the HD recorder and watch it later as you wish.
How to Install Freeview on Apple TV
Freeview channel is unavailable on Apple TV, so you must install the app on App Store. Follow these steps to get the app on Apple TV.
Quick Guide: To watch Freeview on Apple TV, launch App Store on iPhone >> tap Search bar >> find and choose Freeview >> tap Get >> choose Open >> go to Control Center >> Screen Mirroing >> Apple TV.
1. First, unlock your pattern on your iPhone or iPad and set up your Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wireless network.
2. Then, launch the App Store on your iPhone/iPad.
3. Now, input the app name Freeview in the search bar and find the app.
4. From the list of suggestions, choose the Freeview app.
5. Tap the Get button to install the Freeview app on your iPhone/iPad devices from the App Store.
6. After that, it is necessary to log in to the app. So, log in using your valid credential account.
7. Once the login process is over, navigate to the Control Center option on your iOS device.
8. Next, choose the Screen Mirroring option and choose your Apple TV from the list.
9. Now, you will see your iPhone screen on Apple TV through screen mirroring.
10. Finally, choose the Freeview content from your iPhone and enjoy watching it on your Apple TV.
AirPlay Freeview to Apple TV Via Mac
Before starting the process, ensure that your Apple TV and macOS are connected to the same Wi-Fi network to avoid interruption later. After verifying the internet connection, follow the steps below.
1. First, on your macOS menu, choose the AirPlay icon.
2. Then, choose the Apple TV you want to Airplay in the dropdown menu.
3. Now, your screen will display the password on your Apple TV.
4. Enter the code you received on the pop-up window that displays on Mac.
5. After that, you will see your MacOS screen on your Apple device through screen mirroring.
6. On your Mac, launch the Web Browser and navigate to the Freeview website.
7. Next, complete the Sign in by entering valid Freeview login information.
8. Finally, you can choose any videos on macOS and play them. The same video will play it on your Apple TV as well.
Freeview is a marvelous app for watching movies, news, and more. It offers on-demand TV content and special programs.
Freeview doesn’t have any separate app for Apple TV 4k or HD. In that case, you need to use the screen mirroring option on iOS devices to mirror to Mac.
Yes. It is completely free, and you can get this in the Google Play Store or from the App Store. And it doesn’t have any subscription fees.
No. You cannot get Freeview on Apple TV. The app is available in the UK only for iOS devices.