Considering the user’s privacy as the first thing, Apple keeps enhancing its security features on iPhone. As iPhone offers the best security and hence is the widely preferred smartphone by lots of people. The notification of approving your iPhone is one of the security features of the iPhone. Once after updating your iPhone, you might get notifications that request you to approve your device. Sometimes, you might also get an error that will ask you to use one of your devices to sign in to your iCloud account to approve the iPhone. To handle any such scenarios, you need to know the procedure to approve your iPhone. While there are different devices you can use for the approval, we have guided you with how to approve iPhone using Mac in this section.
How to Approve iPhone from Mac
There are three different ways in which you can approve your iPhone from your macOS. Each of the methods is discussed in brief in the below section.
1. Go to the System Preference from the main menu of Mac PC.
2. Launch iCloud and enter your Apple ID and password.
3. Click on the Reset iCloud Keychain option.
4. You will be required to enter your security code.
5. Then, you need to enter your mobile number for verification purposes.
6. After the verification process, approve iPhone message will not appear on your screen.
Related: How To Connect iPhone to MacBook in All Possible Ways
Using iCloud Keychain
If the above method doesn’t work well for you, consider this as an alternative way.
1. Select Cancel to discard the Approve this iPhone window on your iPhone. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on iCloud and turn off the iCloud keychain option. Then restart your device.
3. Again, go to Settings and turn on the iCloud keychain option.
4. You will be required to enter your passcode.
5. Then, you will be prompted to iCloud SMS verification.
6. After the verification process, enter your iCloud password.
7. You shall look for a notification on your Mac screen.
8. Click Continue and enter your password
9. Enter the verification code sent to your mobile on your Mac.
10. Your iPhone gets verified, and the approved message will not appear on your screen.
Related: iPhone Photos Not Showing Up on Mac – Best Possible Fixes
By Activating Two Factor Authentication
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone, and under Password & Security, turn on the two-factor authentication.
2. Verify your phone number when you get the prompt.
3. Now, you can log in on your Mac and enter your Apple ID and password
4. Enter the verification code displayed on your phone on Mac.
5. Finally, your device is approved using Mac.
These are the ways that you can approve your iPhone from Mac. By using this method, you can easily do it. Hope that this section provided useful information to you. For more such useful article updates, you shall visit our blog.