We are aware of the fact that apple ensures the data security of every iPhone/iPad user. This is the reason users find it challenging to get their device approved after they update their iPhone/iPad to the latest version. Sometimes users need to sync their new iPhone/iPad and get approved by their existing Mac device. This post will guide you through the steps to approve an iPhone/iPad through different methods.
There are three easy methods with which one can approve an iPhone/iPad. They are,
- Using a Mac
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Using any other device
Set up iCloud Keychain
Your iPhone needs to be approved after a recent update or when trying to set up an iCloud Chain on your new iPhone/iPad. iCloud Keychain helps to keep our passwords and other secure information updated across all the apple account linked devices.
#1 Approve iPhone/iPad on Mac
If you have already enabled iCloud keychain on your Mac computer, it is going to be very simple to get your iPhone or iPad approved. Follow the steps carefully to do so.
- Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Try switching on your iCloud keychain. You will now be asked to go to one of the other devices (Mac) to approve this iPhone/iPad using the iCloud keychain.
3. On your Mac screen, you now see a notification alert on the upper-right corner. Click Continue.
4. Now enter your Apple ID password and click Allow. You can enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone successfully.
#2 Activate Two-Factor Authentication
There is another alternative way to enable iCloud Keychain without using Mac approval, that is two-factor authentication. To turn on authentication on your iPhone/iPad with iOS 9 or later, follow the simple step.
1.Go to Settings > iCloud> Password & Security > Enable Two-factor authentication.
2.On your Mac with OS X EI Captain or later, follow the below step.
3.Click Apple menu > System Preference > iCloud > Account details. Now Choose Security and Turn on two-factor authentication.
Besides approving your iPhone/iPad from Mac, you can also approve the phone using other iCloud synced devices. If you cannot access any of the other devices, you can set up the iCloud keychain by entering the iCloud security code that you created when you set it up for the first time. You can also enter the verification code sent to your iPhone via SMS.
#3 How to Approve iPhone/iPad from Another Device?
You can also approve your iPhone/iPad from another device using the following steps.
- Click Setting on iOS device> Choose iCloud> Enter your iCloud password.
- You will get an Apple ID verification Code instantly from another iPhone and enter the six-digit figures.
- Once you enter the verification code, you will be asked to enter your iPhone passcode too. Your iPhone will be approved.
For more tips and tricks on Apple devices, follow our blog.