Upon unboxing, iPhone comes with default settings and sounds. In addition, you can change the built-in settings or customize them as per your preference. iPhone uses Radar as the default alarm tone and Alert as the default vibration. You don’t have to use the same tone as there are plenty of options to choose from. Whether the iPhone alarm sound effect isn’t pleasant or you want to distinguish multiple alarms, changing the alarm sound is all you should do. Changing the default alarm sound isn’t a difficult task, and you can do that in a minute or less. iPhone lets its users choose between vibrate only, sound only, and vibrate and alert through sound. The section below will help you deal with how to change the alarm sound on your iPhone with ease.
How To Change Alarm Sound on iPhone
Follow the instructions provided in the below section to change or customize the alarm sound on your iPhone.
1. After unlocking your iPhone, launch the Clock app.
2. Click on the Alarm tab available at the bottom.
3. Press the Edit button in the upper left corner.
4. On the Edit Alarm screen, choose the alarm you want to customize.
5. Select the Sound option on the Edit Alarm screen.
6. The next screen will show the current alarm sound highlighted.
7. Select any alarm sound of your choice, and it will play the sound. Optionally, select None to turn off the sound.
8. Once done, navigate back to the Edit Alarm section, and press Save to save the changes.
Related: iPhone Alarm Not Working | How to Fix in 10 Simple Steps
How to Add Custom Alarm Sound on iPhone
If you want to set an alarm sound that isn’t built-in on your iPhone, follow the steps given below. The below steps will let you set custom alarm sounds using the purchased sound or a sound from the iTunes library.
1. Get back to the Edit Alarm screen and press the Sound menu.
2. Now, select Tone Store to open the iTunes Store app.
3. On the Menu, select Tones, and you can navigate to use your iTunes account to buy ringtone.
4. If you have any purchased tones, you need to select Download All Purchased Tones.
To set an alarm sound from the iTunes library
1. On the Edit Sound menu window of the Clock app, scroll to select the Sound menu.
2. Select the Pick a song option under Songs, and it will direct you to the iTunes library.
3. Now, choose the song you want to use an alarm tone by pressing the Plus icon.
4. Once if you see the Checkmark next to the selected sound, press Save.
- You can change alarm vibration on your iPhone by selecting the Vibration option. Choose the pattern.
- Optionally, select Create New Vibration for a custom vibration pattern. For this, you should tap, hold, and release the screen to create a pattern. Now, click Play to play the vibration and Save to save it.
That was all about changing and customizing the alarm sound on your iPhone. If you have done that, you will hear the new alarm tone on your iPhone. Stay tuned to our blog for more such tips and tricks.