Bluetooth is the most useful feature to pair two or more devices. It may be anything like headphones, car and auto speakers, earbuds, etc. It is a wireless medium with which you can transfer media files. For this to work, you should keep the Bluetooth option enabled on the sender and receiver devices. By default, any device, including iPhone, shows a default Bluetooth name. Whether you want to use a personalized name or want to keep track of all your Bluetooth devices, you can change the name. It is a way helpful to identify the required Bluetooth device connections from the available ones. The below section will guide you on how to change the Bluetooth name on your iPhone.
How to Change the Bluetooth Name on iPhone
In Apple iPhones, the device name is automatically assigned as the default Bluetooth name. Follow the below steps to change the Bluetooth discoverable name on iPhone.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Scroll down and tap General.
3. Look for the option About and select it.
4. Click the first option Name.
5. Now, clear the default name and enter your desired name.
6. Finally, click Done to save the changes.
Now, go to Bluetooth settings and you’ll see the Bluetooth name changed.
Related: How to Clear Cookies on iPhone
How to Change the Name of a Bluetooth Device on the iPhone
Follow the steps listed below and rename your Bluetooth device.
Important Note: Renaming is possible only on those devices that have an active Bluetooth connection.
1. Unlock your iPhone and turn on the Bluetooth device that you want to rename.
2. On your iPhone, launch the Settings app.
3. Click on the Bluetooth option.
4. Now, highlight the device and ensure it shows Connected.
5. Press the ‘i‘ or information icon to the right of the device name.
6. Click on the Name menu.
7. Go ahead and delete the existing name and rename it.
8. Once done, select Done, and with this, the Bluetooth connection shows the new name.
Related: How to Change Airdrop Name on iPhone
Renaming or changing the Bluetooth name of any iPhone is easy and straightforward. With this, you can connect to the required device in no time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can change the Bluetooth name on iPhone in the Settings app. To know more, refer to the blog.
If you don’t find the option to rename the Bluetooth device, check if the Bluetooth connection is turned on. The other reason is that Bluetooth devices don’t let you rename them. In such cases, you should identify it with their default name only.