Messages, calls, and other alerts are usually identified with the notifications and sounds on every smart device. Apple Watch is not an exception when it comes to receiving notifications. If you have paired your watchOS with the iPhone, you can easily read notifications. That means notifications on your iPhone will be mirrored on your Apple Watch. Fortunately, it is possible to manage or change the notification sound on your Apple Watch. With the features like Haptic Alerts, you can easily identify the arriving notifications on an instant basis. And with the features like Chimes, you can easily keep track of time with scheduled notification alerts. You can also manage or customize the notifications for some specific applications. If you want to know how to change notification sound on Apple Watch, check out this article.
How to Change Notification Sound on Apple Watch
There are two ways to change notification Sound on Apple Apple Watch. They are:
- Using Apple Watch
- From iPhone
Change Notification Sound Using Apple Watch
First, you have to tap on the Sound and Haptic on your Apple Watch. The feature will help you to recognize the notifications instantly using vibration. Also, you can control the pace of the vibration by following the method below:
1. Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Then, select Sound and Haptics.
4. Now, toggle on Haptics Alerts.
5. You also have two options to customize the Haptic. They are:
- Default – Get vibrations from notification for a short time.
- Prominent – You will get a longer vibration from the notification. It will help you to identify and look up to the notifications easily.
6. You can also increase or decrease the alert sound in the Sound and Haptic section.
- Alternatively, you can press the Volume up or down button to increase or decrease the sound.
There is also another feature known as Chime on the Apple Watch that will help you to keep track of time. The steps are given below to enable and change the notification sound:
1. Tap on Settings from the home screen.
2. Scroll down and select Accessibility.
3. Then, select Chimes and toggle it on.
4. You can choose to schedule the Chimes by tapping on the Schedule option.
5. You can either choose to schedule the Chimes for hourly, 30 minutes or 15 minutes.
6. Also, you can choose the notification sound by clicking on the Sounds option.
7. From the Sounds section, you can either choose Bell or Birds as your notification sound.
Related: How to Change Time on Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
Change Notification on Apple Watch from iPhone
Notifications are only available for specific apps on your Apple Watch, such as Activity, Breath, Calendar, Clock, Mail, Messages, Phone, Podcasts, and Wallet & Apple Pay. And you can choose to customize the notification sound by following the methods below.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the My Watch tab.
3. Select Notifications.
4. Make sure that the Notification indicator is turned on.
5. Select the available applications that support notification.
6. You will have two options in the Notification section.
- Mirror my iPhone – This option mirrors the notification sound on your iPhone to Apple Watch.
- Custom – You can select the available notification sound on the iPhone.
Related: How to Change Apple ID on Apple Watch [Quick Guidelines]
7. You can follow the same steps to customize the notification sound on all the available applications.
Choosing the Custom option will do the trick to change the notification sound on your iPhone. So, do follow the steps above to do the same. This feature will be useful for you. So, that you don’t have to pick up your iPhone all the time to read the notification sound. You can easily do the same by setting a unique notification sound for your Apple Watch. For more exciting tips and tricks, you can follow our blog.