Smartphones, including iPhones, hold a large number of apps that we use every day. It ranges from chat apps like Whatsapp and FaceTime to premium content streaming apps like Netflix and gaming apps like PUBG, etc. Each of us relies on one or more apps in everyday aspects. It is true with any iPhone 6/6S user as well. Your iPhone 6 is capable of running most apps smoothly, and it is essential to close them at regular intervals. However, your device might face issues that it can’t solve itself, thus resulting in a frozen screen. Whenever your app stops responding, you need to force close the app. If you are not familiar with closing apps on your iPhone 6, then this section is for you. You shall get into the section for a brief guide on how to close Apps on iPhone 6/6S devices.
How to Close Apps on iPhone 6/6S
You can easily close all the open apps on your iPhone 6/6S. Here is a simplified guide to help you with the same.
1. Start by tapping on the Home button twice.
2. Now, what you see on the screen is the App switcher. You can find all the open apps in the form of App cards.
3. Try Swiping the apps left and right to choose between them.
Note: By tapping on any app card, the app will open on your iPhone 6. So, try not to tap on any, while swiping apps in the App Switcher.
4. Choose the App card of the app you want to close.
5. Swipe up the App card using a finger, and the app closes in no time.
6. Further, choose the second app that you want to close from the app switcher.
7. Like before, swipe up the app card to close the respective app.
9. Swipe up all the apps that you want to close from the App Switcher.
Related: How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 6
How to Close Multiple Apps on iPhone 6/6S
We now know how to close one of the open apps on your iPhone. It is also possible to close multiple apps on your iPhone. Here is a detailed guide to help you get the work done.
1. Start by clicking twice on the Home button.
2. The App switcher appears on your screen, showing all the open apps in the form of App cards.
3. You can choose up to a maximum of three apps to close at a time.
4. Put your fingers on each app card you intend to close.
5. Swipe up your fingers at the same time to close these apps.
6. You can try the same on other open apps and close them simultaneously.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 6
How to Close Apps on iPhone 6/6S without the Home button
Assistive Touch – Home icon
1. Launch Settings on your iPhone 6.
2. Scroll down and tap the option, General.
3. Locate and select the option Accessibility.
4. Look for the Assistive Touch option and select it. Then, enable it by selecting the toggle switch.
5. Now, you will see the Assistive Touch button on the screen.
6. Just tap the button and click the Home icon twice.
7. You will be directed to the App Switcher screen. Now, swipe up the apps you want to close.
Assistive Touch – Multitasking
1. The first thing to do is to enable Assistive Touch.
2. After enabling it, click the Assistive Touch button.
3. Locate and tap the Device icon.
4. Further, click the More icon and select the Multitasking option.
5. You will see the App Switcher screen. Now, close the apps by swiping up.
There might be multiple open apps on your iPhone. You don’t need to close all of them. It is widely thought that all the open apps on an iPhone consume battery and reduce the performance of the other apps. This is not true as iPhones have their way of handling open apps. Also, if you need to open apps after closing them, it causes more battery loss. So, close apps only if they are not responding or if you aren’t using them further.
Related: How to Close Apps on iPhone 7
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. By using the Assistive Touch feature on iPhone 6, you can close apps without the home button.
You can close apps on your iPhone 6/6S using the Home button or the Assistive Touch button. To know more, refer to the blog.