Apple iPhone is the most powerful personal device in the world. It is less prone to security breaches, and your data will stay safe. The user interface of the iPhone is built to be easy-to-navigate with a multi-touch screen. The user can connect to a cellular network or Wi-Fi to make calls. iPhone lets you communicate with anyone from across the world. Besides one-on-one calls, you can make a conference call on your iPhone. It is beneficial if you prefer connecting with more than one person at once. If your carrier supports merging calls, you can do a conference call with up to five people on your iPhone. For a step-by-step procedure on how to conference call on iPhone, you shall read the section further.
FYI: Conference call or group call in iPhone is commonly termed as a three-way calling.
If you are also fond of group texting see How to Add Someone to a Group Text on iPhone in a Minute in a Minute
How to do Conference Call on iPhone
The steps given below will help you make a conference call on your iPhone.
1. Unlock your iPhone and press the Phone icon.
2. Dial the first participant and let the call connect.
3. When connected, press the + Add call icon.
4. Dial the second participant and let the person pick up the call.
5. Once the call gets connected, tap on the Merge call icon.
Note: If you can’t find the Merge call option, reach out to your carrier for further details about conference calls.
6. To add more participants (up to 5), you shall repeat steps 3 to 5.
Note: If you don’t find Add Call option, it means you have reached the limit of participants for your carrier.
Also, see How to Use FaceTime on Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
Useful Tips Related to Three-Way Calls on iPhone
If you find a new caller coming into your line during a conference call, you shall connect the caller.
- Tap Hold & Accept.
- Let the call connect and press the Merge calls option.
It is possible to remove someone from the conference call on your iPhone.
- Press the Info button on your iPhone next to the name of the callers.
- Click on the End option next to the participant.
You can speak privately (1-on-1) with one of the callers at the conference.
- Press the Conference option.
- Select the Private button next to the caller to chat privately.
- Click on the Merge Calls button to connect back to the Conference call with all the participants.
That was all the info we have gathered for you about making conference calls on iPhone. It is a useful feature to chat with more than one person simultaneously. For more such tips and tricks, stay tuned to our blog.