AirPods are the best wireless headphones by Apple, and it is one of Apple’s most popular accessories used by many people. It has a lot of useful features like instant pairing, automatic switching, spatial audio, live listening, always-on Siri, and more. The entire product line ranges from affordable to ultra-premium. It includes budget-friendly second-generation AirPods, the AirPod 3 with basic features, the AirPods Pro with Premium features, and the recently launched AirPods Max. In AirPods Pro, you get active noise cancellation and transparency mode features. If you lose your AirPods, you can find it easily with Apple’s Find My app. Moreover, you can pair the AirPods with non-Apple products, so even if you have Android devices and streaming devices, you needless to worry about connecting AirPods to it. If you are using a Roku device and want to know how to connect AirPods to it, here is a detailed guide.
How to Connect My AirPods to Roku
Roku offers no direct option to connect AirPods or any other Bluetooth headphones. So, what we are going to do is, we are going to connect the AirPods to the Roku app first and then connect to the Roku streaming device.
Note: The procedure is the same on all the Roku TV brands, including TCL, Hisense, Philips, etc.
1. First, connect your AirPods to your iPhone or your Android phone.
- iPhone: Go to Settings >> Bluetooth >> Turn On Bluetooth >> Bring the charging case of AirPods close to iPhone >> Press and Hold the Charging Case button.
- Android: Open Settings >> select Bluetooth & Devices Connection >> Bluetooth >> Press & hold the Charging Case button on AirPods.
2. Then, download and install the Roku app on your smartphone from the respective store.
3. Once you have installed the Roku app, launch it on the smartphone.
4. From the bottom of the screen, choose the Remote option.
5. Then, choose Devices and tap OK in the pop-up menu.
6. In the dialog box that appears, choose Connect Now button.
7. Wait for the Roku app to find your Roku streaming device and choose your device from the list.
8. When the device is connected successfully, tap the Remote icon.
9. Under that, choose the Headphones icon and tap OK.
10. Next, go to the Control Center to verify whether your AirPods are active.
11. Finally, play any video that you want to watch and enjoy it with your AirPods.
Note: The procedure given above can be used for any Bluetooth headphones. You just need to pair the headphones to your smartphone and proceed with the other instructions.
Roku App Not Connecting to Roku: Best Fixes
If your Roku streaming device is not connecting to the Roku app, you can use the fixes given below to rectify the issues.
- Connect your Roku app and Roku device under the same network connection.
- Update your Roku device.
- Allow permission to access other devices in the Roku app.
- Don’t connect your phone to a VPN service.
- Let the Roku device accept the connections. For that go to Settings >> System >> Advanced System Settings >> Control by Mobile Apps >> Network Access >> Default or Permissive.
That’s it. Now you can quickly connect your AirPods to your Roku streaming device and enjoy the media content. If you want to save battery on your AirPods, you can use one AirPods.
Related: How to Share Audio with AirPods
Frequently Asked Questions
You connect AirPods to Roku TV through Roku app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
Most of the Roku TVs don’t have Bluetooth connectivity. However, they let you listen to audio wirelessly via the Private Listening feature when connected to a smartphone or tablet with the Roku app.
Yes, you can connect AirPods to Roku TV, but not through the Roku device. You need to use the Roku TV app from your smartphone.