Listening to the favorite music tracks wouldn’t be more comfortable and easy without the playlist. With this, the listener need not keep choosing the music or album. The playlist’s purpose is to let the listener listen to the music based on their mood, genre, artists, or any other preferences. The audio tracks in the playlist will either play sequentially or in a shuffled order. Creating a playlist is really simple and is the best way to keep the music files of your choice organized. It is true, especially when you are an iPhone user. There may be times you are no longer listening to that particular playlist. In that case, you can delete it with few taps. Get to know how to delete a playlist on iPhone or iPad if you are looking for a step-by-step guide.
How to Delete a Playlist on iPhone?
Follow the section below to delete one or more playlists on your iPhone / iPad using different ways.
- Music App
- Third-Party Tool
Note: If you are about to delete a playlist in sync with iCloud, it gets removed from all of your devices with the same iCloud account.
Delete A Playlist on iPhone Using Music App
The Music app is the simplest option for deleting the unwanted playlists on your iPhone/iPad.
1. Launch the Music app on your iPhone.
2. Click on the Library tab available at the bottom.
3. Select the Playlist option at the top.
4. You will find all your playlists. Choose the playlist you want to delete.
5. Press the Menu icon (three vertical dots in a pinkish-red circle) just above the Shuffle button.
6. Choose Remove when the menu expands with a list of options.
7. When you get the pop-up menu, hit the Delete from Library option.
7. You will be prompted to confirm the action. Select Delete Playlist to confirm.
Note: If you have sync the playlist with iCloud, it gets removed from all other devices.
You might also be interested in how to Delete Stickies on Mac in the Easiest Way
Delete a Playlist on iPhone with iTunes
The other way to delete a playlist on your iPhone/iPad can be done using iTunes. For this, you need your desktop or laptop.
1. Start by connecting your iPhone with your PC via a USB cable.
2. iTunes will open up immediately on detecting your iPhone. Else open it manually.
3. On the iTunes window, click on the iPhone icon.
4. Go to the left panel and select Music. You will find the list of playlists you have created on the right side.
5. Select one or more playlists you want to delete.
6. Right-click on the list and tap on the Delete option.
7. If iTunes asks for a confirmation, accept to delete the playlist.
8. Finally, you shall sync your iPhone using iTunes.
Note: If you don’t want to delete the playlist but want to use your preferred playlist, use iTunes. Under Music, select the radio button next to Selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres. Click on the Apply button.
Using Third-Party Apps
You can delete a playlist on the iPhone with the help of third-party apps. Some of the tools include AnyTrans, Wondershare Dr.Fone-Phone Manager, iOS Music Assistant, etc.
1. Download and open any of the tools on your PC.
2. Connect your iPhone with the PC using the USB cable.
3. Select the Music or Playlists menu.
Note: Some of the tools require selecting Device Manager and then Music.
4. Choose the playlist you want to delete.
5. Right-click on the playlist and select the Delete option.
6. Tap OK to confirm your action to delete the playlist.
Now that you have learned the different ways to delete a playlist on your iPhone or iPad. For more useful tips and tricks, stay tuned to our blog.