Listening to all your favorite music tracks on iPhone is one-click away if you have playlists. It is all you need to get a personalized listening experience. Playlists are usually based on genres, artists, type, mood, etc. In other words, users can create playlists and organize the music for instant access. Creating playlists isn’t limited to the Music app on iPhone. There might be times your Music app has unused playlists that you aren’t listening to, or it isn’t working. If you no longer require the playlist you have previously created, you can delete it in no time. The section entirely deals with how to delete playlists on iPhone using three different methods.
Note: Deleting the playlist will delete the songs from iTunes Library. You can download them, and they will still be accessible from your iPhone.
How to Delete Playlists on iPhone
There are different methods in which you can delete the playlist on your iPhone. The section each of them in steps.
Delete Playlists on iPhone in the Music App
It is possible to delete the playlists you have created on the Music app. The steps involved are as follows.
Important Note: The Music app will have built-in playlists by default, and you cannot delete them.
1. On your iPhone, launch the Music app and go to your Library playlists.
2. Click on the Playlist you want to delete.
3. Go ahead and press the Menu (three dots) option available above the Shuffle button.
4. When the menu expands, tap on the Remove option.
5. You should choose the option Delete from Library to delete the playlist from the library if you have downloaded it on the iPhone.
5.If you haven’t saved the songs in iTunes, you should click on Delete Playlist to remove it without saving it to your iPhone.
Note: Choosing this option will delete the playlists on all of your devices.
You might also read How to Connect Bose Headphones to Mac | Audio & Music
Delete Playlists from iPhone with iTunes
You can delete the playlist from the iPhone with the help of iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone with your PC using a USB cable.
2. iTunes will launch automatically. If not, you shall manually open it.
3. Click on the iPhone icon and select the Music category from the left pane.
4. Ensure the check box of Sync, Select playlists, artists, albums, and genres, Include music videos and voice memos are selected.
5. Under Playlists, select the playlists you want to sync and press the Done button.
6. When the sync gets finished, you will find only the playlists you have selected. Others will be removed.
Bonus: Launch iTunes and select the Music option. Highlight the Playlist you want to delete, right-click and select Delete. When prompted to confirm deleting the playlist, click on Delete.
Delete Playlist from iPhone using Third-Party Software
It is possible to delete the playlists from your iPhone with Dr.Fone: Phone Manager. Proceed with the steps given below after downloading the software on your PC.
1. Connect your iPhone with your PC using the USB cable.
2. Dr.Fone Phone Manager software will detect your device.
3. Select the Music category and let the software scan the music library of your iPhone.
4. When the list of music files gets displayed, select the Playlist, right-click to select the Delete button.
5. Select Yes to begin the deletion process on your iPhone.
Related: How to Add Audiobooks to iPhone in 3 Ways [Easy Guide]
You can try any of the methods to remove or delete the playlists on your iPhone. This way, you can reduce the unused playlists from the ever-growing library of playlists. For more useful tips and tricks, visit our blog.