There are lots of apps available for the digital Post-its purpose. They are the handy option to write short remainders, clippings, notes, etc. Mac users can rely on the Stickies app for the same purposes. It works similar to Notes on Windows PC. However, Stickies Notes can create files in different locations and stays as a virtual reminder on your desktop. So, you can view them in your window and look up essential reminders or info. At times, you may consider deleting the Stickies from your Mac that you no longer require. In such a case, you can work on it in no time. Whether you are an advanced or naive Mac user, check out this section to know how to delete Stickies on Mac.
How to Delete Stickies on Mac?
If you wish to delete the Stickies application from the Mac, get down to the section below.
- Log into your macOS with an adminstrator account.
- To deactivate the Sticky app, click on the Dock icon and choose Quit.
- Otherwise, go to Applications > Utilities > Folder > Sticky Notes > Quit Process.
Trash Sticky Notes App on Mac
The simplest way to remove any app, including Sticky, is by moving it to Trash.
1. Go to Finder and select Applications from the left pane.
2. Right-click the Sticky Notes app on the right pane.
3. Select the Move to Trash option.
Alternatively, drag the Sticky Notes to the Trash.
4. Now, right-click the Trash icon and choose Empty Trash to uninstall it.
Note: While this uninstalls the Sticky Notes, you may still find its associated files on your macOS.
Useful tip: How to Undo and Redo on Mac | Top Easy Ways
Permanently Delete Sticky Notes on Mac
If you want to remove the Stickies app and its traces permanently, proceed with the steps below. It, in turn, saves your disk space.
Note: Sticky Notes stores its preferences and supporting files on the hard disk and home folder.
1. Launch the Finder and select Go on the menu bar.
2. Choose Go to Folder on the expanded menu bar.
3. To search on the hard disk, provide the path as /Library/ and press Enter.
4. You could search for Sticky Notes in the below locations.
5. You should right-click on those files and choose the Move to Trash option.
Note: You shall search for the same location on the Home folder. Use the tilde symbol at the beginning of every location.
Alternative Method: Use Osx Uninstaller to Delete Stickies on Mac
If the above process of deleting Sticky Notes seems to be time-consuming, you shall use Osx Uninstaller.
1. After you quit the Sticky Notes, launch the Osx Uninstaller in the Launchpad.
2. Choose Sticky Notes and select the Run Analysis button to scan for Sticky Notes.
3. Click on the Complete Uninstall and select Yes to confirm deleting.
Bonus! Delete Stickies on Mac
You can proceed with the steps below to delete Stickies on Mac.
1. Open the Stickies you want to delete, click on the Box icon on the top left.
2. You get a pop-up that prompts you to save this note, or it gets lost.
3. Click on the Delete Note button, and it gets deleted.
Also see how to Uninstall Origin on Mac in 2 Easy Ways
Now that you have learned to delete Stickies on your macOS. Visit our blog for more useful tips and tricks.