Apple Watch is the most popular smartwatch used by a lot of people across the world. It brings so many features to keep you fit and healthy always. With Fitness+ on Apple Watch, you can track your meditations, yoga, and workouts. Like iPhone and iPad, you can install apps on Apple Watch directly from the App Store. With that, you can make calls, send & receive text messages, send emails, get notifications and do more. You shall even change the notification sound on Apple Watch. But there may be times you might want to silence your Apple Watch, like meetings, sleeping, doing workouts, etc. Upon muting your Apple Watch, you will not get distracted from what you are doing. If how to mute Apple Watch is all that you are looking for, there are multiple ways in which you can do it.
How to Mute Apple Watch
You can mute your Apple Watch in four different ways. It is to note that muting the Apple Watch will silence the sounds on the watchOS only.
- Silent Mode
- Cover to Mute
- Theater Mode
- Do Not Disturb
Mute your Apple Watch with Silent Mode (From Control Center)
Using the Control Center on the Apple Watch is the easiest option to silence the Apple Watch. It can be done using Apple Watch and iOS devices.
Using Apple Watch:
1. Wake your Apple Watch and swipe up to open the Control Center.
2. Click on the Bell icon to turn on the Silent Mode.
3. Now, silent mode is enabled for the notifications and calls.
1. Open the Watch app.
2. Tap Sounds & Haptics and enable the Silent Mode.
If you want to silence the vibrations
If you have enabled Apple Watch to vibrate only with no sound and decided to turn off the vibration as well, you can do it from the watch and iOS.
On Apple Watch:
1. Go to Settings on your Apple Watch.
2. Click on Sounds & Haptics.
3. Slide the toggle off to turn off vibrations.
Silence Vibrations on Apple Watch using iPhone/iPad:
1. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Choose the Sounds & Haptics option and turn off Haptic Alerts.
Cover to Mute Alerts on Apple Watch
If you want to mute your Apple Watch quickly, you can follow this method.
1. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Navigate to Sounds & Haptics.
3. Turn on the Cover to Mute option.
Alternatively, you can keep your hand around the Apple watch display, and it will go to sleep mode and stops the sound. In case you get the call, press the Digital Crown to mute the sound.
Activate Theater Mode on Apple Watch
By enabling theater mode on Apple Watch, you keep the watch silent. It keeps your watch screen dark until you tap on the screen or press the Digital Crown.
1. Swipe up on Apple Watch to open the Control Center.
2. Tap on the Theater Mode icon that looks like a pair of masks, and your watch is set to theater mode.
Activate Do Not Disturb on Apple Watch
The last best option to mute your Apple Watch is enabling the Do Not Disturb option. When this option is enabled, you won’t receive any sound or screen light on your watch face.
1. Swipe up on the watch face to access the Control Center.
2. Tap the Do Not Disturb icon, and it will change into blue color.
3. If you select the duration, the feature will turn off automatically after the particular time.
That’s it. These are the four ways that you can follow to mute your Apple Watch. You can choose the one based on your requirement. Whether you want to stay focused on your work or don’t want to disturb others, silencing the watchOS is the best option.
Frequently Asked Questions
To turn off the Apple Watch, gently press and hold the side button until the sliders appear on the screen. Then, drag the Power Off slider to the right side.
Open the Watch app on the iPhone and navigate to Watch app >> My Watch >> Notifications >> choose the app to turn off the notifications and tap Notifications Off.
Go to the Settings app on your iPhone/iPad. Move to Notifications >> Apple Watch Keyboard >> Notification Style >> flip the toggle to off next to Allow Notifications.
To silence your Apple Watch at night, enable the Do Not Disturb feature.