All iPhones and iPads have their SIM card slots on their sides. Every mobile phone must be inserted with a SIM to access network and data services. If you are on frequent business trips or plan to switch carriers, you may need to swap the SIM card in your iPhones or iPad. In order to remove the SIM card tray for any reason, this post will guide you to open the sim card slot on your iPhone. To open your SIM card tray, you need a SIM-eject tool.
The first thing, you need to do is to find the SIM card tray. SIM card slots are presented in the different regions on different models of iPhones.
- iPhone 12 and iPhone 13 series – The SIM tray is located on the left side of the phone
- iPhone 11 series, iPhone X series, iPhone 4 to iPhone SE models – The SIM tray is located on the right side of the phone.
Related: How to Copy and Paste on an iPhone
Open SIM Card Tray on iPhone
- Insert a paper clip or a SIM-eject tool into the hole that lies beside the SIM tray.
- Gently push into the hole, but do not force it.
- The SIM card slot will open.
- Remove the SIM card and replace it if you need it.
- Now insert the tray into the device completely in the same orientation that you removed it.
Do not forcibly insert the sharp instrument which may lead to internal damage. Once you open the SIM card slot, place the new SIM card on the notch accordingly. The SIM card will fit only in one way, because of the notch.
How to Open iPhone SIM Card Tray without Ejector tool
These are the alternatives to the SIM ejector tool. If you don’t have a SIM ejector tool in your hand, use any one of these tools to get the SIM card out of your iPhone.
- Paper clip
- Safety pin
- Mechanical pencil
- Fishing hook
Thus it’s so easy to open a SIM card tray on any iPhone.
Related: How To Reverse Image Search on iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
To open the SIM card slot on iPhone 13, use the SIM ejector tool and gently insert the tool into the hole, and press it. Doing this will open the SIM Card slot.
Yes. You can open the SIM slot on your iPhone using Paper Clip.