Reset is the process of removing all the data from the device and it is one of the essential ways to fix the problems in a device. Resetting the iPhone is quite easy and does not need any technical skills to learn. If you’re an iPhone XS user, you may be wondering how to reset your iPhone. You have come to the right place. This article illustrates the steps to perform Factory Reset on iPhone XS/XS Max. By performing a factory reset, all the data and settings on your iPhone XS Max will be completely removed. So, make sure to take a backup of your data before resetting your iPhone XS Max. There are two ways to reset iPhone XS Max. You can either factory reset in the Settings app or you can use iTunes to reset iPhone XS Max. Both the methods are listed in this blog.
How to Factory Reset iPhone XS/XS Max from Settings
Before jumping into the steps, make sure to take a backup of all your iPhone XS Max data.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Hit the Apple ID profile on the top of the screen.
3. Scroll all the way down and tap on Sign out.
4. Enter the Apple ID Password and click on the Turn off option.
5. Click Sign Out displayed in the top-right corner.
6. The Phone says ‘Removing iCloud data,’ and you need to wait for a while.
7. Now, you will be navigated back to the Settings app. You can see that you have already signed out of the Apple ID.
8. Tap on the General option in the settings menu.
9. Scroll down and tap on the Reset option.
10. Further, tap on Erase all contents and settings.
11. Enter your password and click on Confirm.
12. Tap on the Erase iPhone option.
13. Tap on Erase iPhone when prompted again.
14. The Apple logo appears on the screen, and the reset begins.
15. The rest completes in about 5 to 10 minutes.
How to Factory Reset iPhone XS/XS Max using iTunes
You need a Windows PC or a Mac to rest your iPhone XS/ XS Max in this method. Make sure that you have installed and updated iTunes to the latest version.
1. Open the iTunes software on your Mac.
2. Using a USB cable, connect your iPhone XS/ XS Max to your Mac.
3. Press the Volume up button and release it.
4. Long-press the Volume Down along with the Side button.
5. Wait till your phone reaches Recovery mode.
6. Now, a prompt appears on your computer. Click on Restore and then on Restore and update.
6. Click on Next. You should go ahead and click on I Agree.
7. The Apple logo appears in a few seconds on your iPhone.
8. Wait for a message to appear on the computer screen notifying that iPhone is restored.
9. You should wait for the Apple logo to appear on your iPhone again.
10. At last, click OK on your PC screen.
11. Now, your iPhone XS Max will be fresh as new.
If you’re facing any issues with iPhone XS Max, the first thing you need to do is to restart the device. If the problem persists, you need to perform a factory reset to resolve the issue. Performing a reset using iTunes can be helpful even when your iPhone is disabled. All you need to do is to connect your iPhone to iTunes on your PC. However, after the reset, you will lose all the content and settings on your phone.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can reset iPhone XS Max to factory settings in the Settings app.
Follow the below steps to reset iPhone XS Max.
* Press the Volume Up button and release it. Then, press the Volume down button and release it.
* Finally, long-press the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.