iPhone 12 mini is a cool iPhone in the new 12 series. It has all the attractive features of the iPhone 12 series phones. As we know, iPhone 12 series has the best technology in its design and production. It has the A14 Bionic chip which makes it faster than other smartphones. Also, it supports 5G connectivity. If you bought the new iPhone 12 mini, you might fall in love with its features and speed instantly. With the missing home button on the new iPhone 12 series phones, you might find it hard to perform certain functions. It is mainly because of all the alterations it has in its design. Hence, we have brought you simple and useful guides for these functions. In this article, we shall focus on how to restart iPhone 12 Mini.
How to Restart iPhone 12 Mini
There are different techniques by which you can restart your iPhone 12 Mini and all of them are discussed in the below section. You can also use the below methods to reboot all iPhone 12 series such as iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max.
Soft Restart iPhone 12 Mini
A soft restart refers to turning off and turning on your iPhone 12. For this, we make use of the physical buttons on the iPhone. If your phone is facing minor issues in its performance, you can go ahead with a soft restart.
1. Locate the Volume buttons from the left and the Side button on the phone’s right side.
2. Long-press both the Volume Up and the Side button at the same time.
3. Release your finger when the Power Slider appears on the screen.
4. Swipe the Power Slider to the right to turn off your iPhone 12 mini.
5. Now your phone screen turns black.
6. Further, you need to turn it on. For this, long press the Side button for a few seconds.
7. Release your hand once the Apple logo appears on the screen.
8. Now, you have turned your phone on.
Force Restart iPhone 12 Mini
A force restart is a troubleshooting method for a frozen iPhone 12 Mini. Most problems on your phone occur due to minor firmware issues. So, you can go ahead with a forced restart if you face such issues. Here is a small yet detailed guide for you.
1. Press the Volume Up button and release immediately.
2. Also, press the Volume Down button and release immediately.
3. Long-press the Side button for a few seconds.
4. Soon, the Apple logo appears on your screen. It indicates that your phone has turned off.
5. Wait for a few more seconds, and the Apple logo appears again.
6. Finally, your iPhone 12 Mini will turn on after rebooting.
Restart iPhone 12 Mini using Assistive Touch
With iOS 11, you get access to the Accessibility feature and it helps you restart the iPhone 12 Mini.
1. Go to iPhone Settings and choose Accessibility.
2. Select Touch and highlight AssistiveTouch.
3. Now, enable AssistiveTouch.
4. Go ahead and touch the AssistiveTouch button.
5. Choose Device and select More.
6. Finally, tap Restart.
You can even restart the device over your voice as iOS 13 supports Voice Control. To enable, go to Settings >> Accessibility >> Voice Control >> Enable Voice Control. Look for the microphone option on the top left and you shall say “Reboot device.” Then, select Restart on the confirmation pop-up.
Your new iPhone 12 mini will not always show firmware failures. However, you can’t rule it out completely. So, if you face issues on your phone, you can simply perform a general restart. If your phone is unresponsive to this, you might need to proceed with a forced restart. A forced restart will fix all issues on your iPhone 12. Further, notice that by restarting your iPhone 12 Mini, none of the data on the device will be lost.
Frequently Asked Questions
To restart iPhone 12 Mini, Press and release the Volume Up button. Then, press the Volume down button and release it. Finally, press and hold down the side button.
Yes. By using Assistive Touch, you can easily restart iPhone 12 Mini.