You might have to face certain situations where you cannot access the WiFi. It is when a personal hotspot comes to the rescue. A hotspot is a simple replacement for a Wi-Fi network that can share its cellular data to other nearby devices when enabled. Further, the hotspot space can be protected with a password. The same is useful when you don’t prefer connecting to public WiFi networks as there is a high chance for your data to get stolen. The only requirement to use the hotspot feature is that you should have mobile data to share with other devices. iPhone does come with the hotspot option, and you can set up it to provide Wi-Fi access to other devices. For this to work, you need to know how to set up an iPhone hotspot. i.e., you need to do a few alterations in the iPhone Settings. This article covers the step-by-step procedures on how to enable Hotspot on iPhone.
How to Turn On Hotspot on iPhone
To enable hotspot on iPhone, follow the steps listed below.
1. Unlock your iPhone and open Settings.
2. Next, select the Cellular option and turn On the slider.
3. Get back to Settings and click on Personal Hotspot and turn it on.
4. On iPhone 8, 7, and 6 models, tap the toggle switch next to Allow Others to Join to broadcast the signal.
5. If you want to change or add a password, click the option Wi-Fi Password and perform the necessary function.
6. Also, make a note of your Hotspot name. You can also change the Hotspot name in Settings.
How to join an iPhone hotspot
You can connect other devices to iPhone’s hotspot in three ways. It includes Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB. You shall get to know each of the procedures in brief.
You can use the below steps to connect the iOS, Mac, or Android device to your iPhone Hotspot.
1. On the device you want to use the iPhone’s hotspot, open Settings.
2. Click on Wi-Fi.
3. When you see the list of available devices, choose the iPhone where you turned the hotspot On.
4. Enter the required password and connect it.
You can connect to iPhone’s Hotspot via Bluetooth as well. Establishing a Bluetooth Hotspot is simple and doesn’t involve complicated steps.
FYI: Like Hotspot, You can also change the Bluetooth name on iPhone.
1. You should enable the Bluetooth on the device that needs Wi-Fi.
2. Further, click on the name of the iPhone that provides a Hotspot.
3. Instead of a password, you should enter the six-digit code displayed on the iPhone and the connecting device. Ensure that the code is the same on both devices.
4. Finally, click on Pair on both devices. However, the receiving device doesn’t need to be an iPhone as well.
With a USB cable, you can connect any of your devices to iPhone’s Hotspot. However, the receiving device should have a USB port in it. For instance, a computer or laptop. Start by connecting the iPhone to the PC using a USB charging cable. Now, you can see the device in the list of the internet to connect to. Click on the name of your iPhone, and you have successfully established the USB Hotspot.
That was all about enabling and connecting to iPhone Hotspot. Sometimes, while letting devices connect through Hotspot, you might realize that the battery charge reduces. Tethering reduces a greater portion of your battery life. However, you can depend on a portable charger when in need. If you use the USB Hotspot, your iPhone gets charged. Hope you were able to turn on iPhone Hotspot with the above guidelines easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
To enable hotspot, Go to Settings >> Click Personal Hotspot >> Enable it.
Open Settings >> Click General >> Tap About >> Select Name >> Type your desired name >> Click Done to save the changes.