Apple iPhone’s camera functionality is an exception when compared to its rivals. The result of a photo or video captured using the latest iPhone will have a professional touch. Almost all of us come across a situation to transfer the best of pictures. Sharing photos from iPhone to iPhone or any Apple device is effortless, and it doesn’t require additional software. But when it comes to other devices, it requires a little effort. You can carry out this in different ways, and all of them are simple. In other words, you can transfer photos wirelessly as well as with a wired connection. If you want to be aware of all the possible ways of how to transfer photos from your iPhone to another device, read out this article.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone
In this section, you will find the instructions to transfer photos from your iPhone in multiple ways. You can transfer your photo from iPhone to iOS, Mac, or PC.
Also, see How to Transfer Notes from iPhone to PC without iTunes
Transfer Photos from iPhone using AirDrop
If you want to transfer the photos from your iPhone to another iPhone or any Apple device, use AirDrop functionality. With this, you will instantly make the transfer provided AirDrop and Bluetooth are turned on in both devices. This is the wireless means of transferring photos from your iPhone.
1. On your iPhone, open the Photos app.
2. Scroll to select a photo you want to transfer.
3. Now, tap on the Share icon and choose the AirDrop icon below the image.
4. Choose the device or person name among the list of devices.
5. When the recipient (iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, or Mac) accepts the transfer, the photos get transferred.
Transfer Photos from iPhone using iCloud
iCloud is the best place to access all the media of your iPhone. It will sync the photos as well when the iCloud option is enabled on iPhone. To enable it, open Settings >> Profile name >> iCloud >> Photos >> turn on iCloud Photo Library.
1. Select the photo you want to transfer on your iPhone.
2. Go to the bottom row of the apps and click on the Copy iCloud Link option.
3. With this, a window will open up with the Preparing notification.
4. When the window exits, open an email or message to paste it by tap and holding on to the screen.
5. Send the link, and you have done with the photo transferring.
The recipient can view or download the photos in the link.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac
1. Connect your iPhone with your Mac PC with the USB cable.
2. On your Mac, launch the Photos app.
3. You will find the Import screen showing all the photos and videos on your iPhone.
Note: Click on the device name to get the Import Screen if it doesn’t open up automatically.
4. Now, you should unlock your iPhone if prompted and provide your passcode if you have set any.
5. If the prompt asks you to Trust This Computer, you should select Trust.
6. Choose the location where you want to import the photos in Import to the field. Select an existing album or create a new one.
7. Go ahead to select the photos and tap on Import Selected. Optionally, you can click on Import All New Photos.
8. Allow the process to complete, and then disconnect your iPhone from Mac.
Note: On macOS Majave, open Photos >> File menu >> Import >> select photos >> Review for Import >> Import New Photo or Import All New Items.
Bonus: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
1. On your iPhone, turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections.
2. Similarly, enable the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth options.
3. With the same iCloud as that of your Mac, open Settings on iPhone.
4. Tap on your name and select iCloud.
5. On Mac, click on System Preferences and select iCloud.
6. Now, open the Photos app on the iPhone and click Select from the top to choose photos.
7. Press the Share icon available at the bottom left corner.
8. When your device shows the nearby available AirDrop devices, select the Mac PC.
9. With this, the photos you want to transfer will appear on the Mac.
Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows PC
1. On your Windows PC, download and install iTunes.
2. Connect your iPhone to your PC using a USB cable.
3. Unlock your iPhone with a passcode if prompted.
4. Select Trust if you a prompt asks you if you Trust This Computer.
5. With this, the Photos app will launch automatically.
6. Hover to tap on the Import button from the top-right corner.
7. On the drop-down, select From a USB device.
8. Choose your iPhone if you have multiple devices plugged into your PC.
9. When the list of photos that you can import appears, select the necessary ones.
10. Select the Import button, and with this, you will find the same on your PC.
Bonus: Transfer Photos from iPhone to Windows PC using Wire Transfer
1. Unlock your iPhone to let your PC identify the device.
2. Press the Start button and choose Photos to launch the Photos app.
3. Choose Import and tap on From a USB device.
4. Follow the screen instruction and then choose the photos you want to import.
5. Further, select the location where you want to save them.
Important: It is vital for the photos you are about to import to be in the cloud.
Transfer Photos from iPhone Via Shared Album
1. On your iPhone, launch the Photos app.
2. Select the Albums tab and press the + icon to create a new album.
3. Choose New Shared Album.
4. Tap on the album and press Next.
5. Choose the contacts to which you want to transfer the shared album and click Create.
6. Add the images, and they get transferred to those who accepted your invite to access the shared album.
Also read, How to Export Contacts from iPhone Easily in 4 Methods
You can try out any of the convenient ways to transfer photos from your iPhone. While there are many ways to transfer photos, we found the above methods to be efficient and simple. For more such interesting tips and tricks, you shall visit our blog.