AirPods are popular Bluetooth headphones that help you to listen to songs & podcasts and stream media content wirelessly. AirPods can be connected to all the Apple and non-Apple devices easily through Bluetooth. In addition to listening, you can also make calls, send messages, and do more with AirPods. It is available in different models such as AirPods 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generation, AirPods Max, and AirPods Pro. AirPods provides you with a lot of amazing features to let you get the best listening experience like Noise Cancellation, Spatial Audio, and more. Moreover, you can control Apple Voice Assistant with Hey Siri. Using Siri, you can adjust the volume of AirPods, play/pause & resume music, skip to the next song, check AirPods battery, and read the notifications on the device you use. If you want to stop annoying Siri notifications on AirPods, you can turn off Siri at any time.
How to Turn Off Siri on AirPods
Before proceeding with the steps, put your AirPods in the charging case and make sure to connect AirPods to your iPhone.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Click on Bluetooth.
3. Under the list of connected devices, locate your AirPods name.
4. Tap the information (i) icon next to your AirPods.
5. Now, you will get to see the AirPod’s settings.
6. Choose the Left or Right that is configured to activate Siri.
7. From the next menu, choose the option that is not Siri.
Now, you have disabled Siri on your AirPods. However, if you have 2nd generation or later, you can activate Siri just by saying, Hey Siri. If you want to disable that, follow the steps given below.
1. Open the Settings app and choose Siri & Search.
2. Disable the Listen for Hey Siri option.
3. If you want to stop using Siri completely, you can turn off the Allow Siri When Locked and Press Side Button for Siri options.
How to Disable Siri on AirPods Pro/AirPods using Mac
1. First, ensure that your AirPods are connected to Mac.
2. Tap the Apple icon and choose the System Preferences option.
3. Under that, choose Bluetooth.
4. Choose Options next to your AirPods name.
5. In the Left or Right dropdown menus, you can choose any option other than Siri.
That’s it. Now, you can quickly turn Siri off on your AirPods with the procedure given above. If you want to use Siri later, you can enable the option at any time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Navigate to Settings >> Notifications >> Announce Message with Siri dialogue box >> turn off the Announce Messages with the Siri option. That’s how you can turn off Siri announcing texts.
Open the Settings app and tap Notifications. Under Announce Notifications, turn off the Announce Notifications option.
To disable Apple voice assistant on AirPods, go to Settings >> Siri & Search >> enable the toggle next to Listen for Hey Siri option.
Yes, you can disable Siri voice on Apple’s wireless earphones.
Go to Bluetooth settings on your iOS device and tap the information icon. Under that, you can make the change that you want.