Those avid gamers would definitely come across Origin by Electronic Arts (EA). It was previously known as EA Download Manager. It is a useful application to download, manage, and play games. EA uses Origin as the game channel, and users can purchase and launch games. Origin uses cloud storage to save games and lets the gamers connect with gamers or friends. It is a great platform to play games under different categories. It includes action, adventure, MMO, puzzle, sports, simulation, etc. Unlike installing, removing Origin isn’t that easy on macOS. Although its file size is small, you still require guidelines to uninstall Origin. Check out this section for a guide on how to uninstall Origin on Mac.
Related: How to Select Multiple Files on a Mac [3 Easy Ways]
How to Uninstall Origin on Mac?
There are different ways in which you can uninstall Origin on Mac. Read further to know more in detail.
Uninstall Origin – Manual Method
You can follow the guidelines given below to uninstall Origin on Mac in no time.
1. Make sure you have quit the Origin app on your Dock.
Optionally, go to Activity Monitor to select Force Quit Origin.
2. Click on Finder to choose Applications. Select the Utilities folder and double-click to open it.
3. Scroll to choose Origin and click the X icon from the top left corner. Select the Force Quit button.
4. From the Finder, choose Applications and right-click Origin. Choose the Move to Trash option.
5. Go to the Trash folder to select the Empty Trash button.
6. Select Finder to click Go. On the Go to the folder field, enter the Origin directory path. Click Go and delete the files associated with Origin
The files will usually be located in the following folders.
Remove Origin: Using External Software
Origin can be removed with the help of an external app remover application. Take a look at these steps to remove Origin using App Cleaner & Uninstaller.
1. To begin, launch App Cleaner & Uninstaller app on your Mac.
2. The app will scan for the Application folder and displays the service files.
3. When the items are found, select the Origin app by selecting the checkbox.
4. Click on the Remove button to uninstall Origin on Mac PC.
Note: You can even use Osx Uninstaller Tool to remove Origin on Mac.
How to Delete Origin Account?
Delete the Origin account if you have decided to permanently opt-out of Origin and not logging into your account.
1. On your Mac, visit Origin’s official website. Sign in to your account with the necessary credentials.
2. Navigate to the Contact Us section to select the platform as Mac.
3. Choose the Manage My Account option. Click on the Delete Account button.
4. On the live chat window, you could mention it as “Delete account.”
5. You may need to answer few questions by the technical support team.
6. Your Origin account will be deleted when you confirm the action.
Note: Deleting your Origin account will remove all your data and access to games you have downloaded. You cannot register for a new account with the same email.
Now that you have got an idea of uninstalling Origin on Mac. For more useful info, you shall visit our blog.