With Apple TV, you will get an exceptional streaming experience. It delivers movies and shows in the best quality of up to 4K. Apple TV puts you in control of anything you prefer streaming. It runs on the tvOS and is essential to keep the device with the latest version. With this, you will get access to the latest features, and the bug or issues gets fixed. Nevertheless, Apple fails to roll out the tvOS updates now and then. If your Apple TV has received a new update or you want to access the latest version, the process is simple. Get into the article to learn how to update Apple TV with the latest version in brief.
Note: As of writing this article, Apple has released tvOS 14.4 and 14.5 beta 5.
How to Update Apple TV
The instructions below will work on Apple 3rd gen, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD.
Note: Make sure you aren’t disconnecting or unplugging your Apple TV during the update process.
1. Using the Apple TV remote controller, navigate to Settings.
2. Choose the System option on your Apple TV. If you have 3rd gen Apple TV, you should select General.
You might also be interested in how to watch Apple TV on Mac in 2 Easy Ways
3. Click on the Update Software to proceed.
4. When there is any new update, you will find the Download and Install button. Click on it.
5. Wait until your Apple TV download the update. Once downloaded, Apple TV will restart and prepare the updating process.
6. When your Apple TV prepares the update, it will install it.
7. After the update, your Apple TV will restart again automatically.
Bonus: How to Turn On Automatic Updates on Apple TV
You can set automatic updates on your Apple TV. This method eliminates the need to manually updating your tvOS.
- Go to Apple TV Settings and select System.
- Choose the Software Update option.
- Highlight and select Automatically Update.
Don’t miss our guide on how to install and stream Paramount Plus on Apple TV.
Useful Tips to Resolve Issues during the Apple TV Updation
- Check for your Wi-Fi or internet connection when you can’t update your tvOS.
- When the update progress bar is stuck or pauses, allow the update to complete. You shall not unplug the Apple TV. If that prolongs after an hour, contact Apple Support.
- If you see a message that asks you to Erase All Settings or Restart, it is an issue during the update. Go with the Restart option at first. If you see the same message, select Erase All Settings.
- If you see a warning symbol or a black screen and flashing indicator light while updating Apple TV 4K, you shall reach the Apple Support.
- Those with Apple TV HD and earlier model users can restore the device.
That was all about updating your Apple TV. No matter what version of tvOS has been released, you can follow the above process to get done with it. For more useful tips and tricks, you could stay connected with our blog.