Apple comes up with exciting innovations and new ideas that create hype in the tech world. One such fascinating device launched by Apple is Apple Watch. The wearable includes the most advanced features and tools. You can pair Apple Watch to your iPhone to manage everything from your wrist. With watchOS 6 and later, you can directly install the apps from App Store. However, those older model Apple Watch has no App Store, and the users have to be depended on their iPhone to install apps. It is essential to periodically update the apps on watchOS to access the new features or fix the issues with the current version. Furthermore, the latest version allows you to install and update apps either manually or automatically. Henceforth, this section guides you on methods to update the apps on Apple Watch.
How to Update Apps on Apple Watch Manually
Manually updating Apple Watch apps may not take. It is helpful for those who want to keep an eye on the technical aspects of an app update.
One-Step Guide: On Apple Watch, open App Store >> Account >> Updates >> Update or Update All.
1. Wake your Apple Watch and open the App Store.
2. Scroll to tap on the Account option.
3. On the account screen, pick Updates.
4. Now, it will display the apps list that you have to update.
- To update all the apps, click on the Update All button.
- To update a particular app, tap the Update button next to the app.
How to Update Apple Watch Apps Automatically
If you don’t want to update each app manually or you don’t keep track of the new updates, you can enable automatic updates. It is time-consuming as you don’t have to spare your time to look for the update.
One-Step Guide: Go to the Settings app >> App Store >> Toggle on the Automatic Updates switch.
1. Launch the Settings app and then open the App Store on your Apple Watch.
2. Turn on the switch nearby the Automatic Updates option.
3. With this, your Apple Watch will update the app whenever a new update is available.
Important Note: As the automatic updates take place in the background, you need to keep an eye on your internet data if you have a limited data plan.
Related: How To Add Apps To Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
Bonus: How to Activate Automatic Downloads
1. Hit the Settings icon on your Apple Watch face.
2. Select the App Store option.
3. Then, toggle on the switch for Automatic Downloads.
How to View the Purchased Apps in the App Store on Apple Watch
1. Open App Store on your Apple Watch.
2. From App Store, tap Account and choose the Purchased option.
3. Now, you can see all the purchased apps on your Apple Watch.
Related: How To Delete Apps on Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways [Complete Guide]
That was all about updating apps on your Apple Watch. You can choose either of the two methods to get the latest version of the app. It is vital to check if your Apple Watch has enough battery before updating. The process won’t last for long if you have connected the smartwatch with the high-speed internet.
Frequently Asked Questions
To close the apps on the Apple Watch, press and hold the Digital Crown button >> choose the app to close >> swipe right to left >> press the X button to close the apps that you don’t use.
If you find any difficulty in updating apps on Apple Watch, check whether your watch is connected with a stable Wi-Fi network. It is better to update one app at a time. If the trouble prolongs, uninstall the app and restart your Apple Watch.
Yes, you can hide apps on Apple Watch. You can do it by disabling the toggle.