OCR is the term that stands for Optical Character Recognition. It is a technology developed to recognize text from digital images. Previously it was commonly used to recognize text in scanned documents and images. Now, Apple brings you Live OCR, which means you can recognize text in real-time using your camera on your iOS device like iPhone or iPad. You can scan, save and even translate writings in live word digitally through your device camera. OCR is the new feature that is only available for iOS 15. So if you haven’t updated your device to the latest iOS version, now is the right time to do it. Get to know How to use iPhone Live Text OCR in iOS 15.
How to Use Live Text OCR in iOS 15 using Camera App
1. Open your Camera App on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Find the Live Text button. It looks like a viewfinder with three lines. You will find the button on the bottom right corner of your camera in portrait and on the bottom left in Landscape.
3. Point your camera in such a way as to scan the text. A yellow rectangle viewfinder will show up on the screen. If your phone is not recognizing the view as text, then move physically closer to the text.
4. Once you see the yellow rectangular box around the text you want to scan, tap the Live Text Button.
5. Live Text even works for stylized fonts and handwriting too. But the amount of accuracy depends on how readable the text is.
Related: How to Change Siri Voice on iPhone, iPad, & Mac [Guide]
Using OCR in the Photo App
You may wonder what to do if you already have a photo taken that you want to scan. Live text Recognition works well for photos and screenshots that are already taken. You can use this feature on digital image files with the help of the Photos app on your iPhone.
1. Open Photos app on iOS device.
2. Pick the Photo you want to scan text from.
3. Tap on the Live Text icon on the bottom right of the screen. To scan the text using the OCR features. You can Select, Copy or even translate the text to suit your requirements.
Note: OCR supports live text and handwriting recognizing. However, the accuracy depends on how legible the handwriting is.
Related: How To Update iTunes on Mac to Latest Version [All Ways]
Hope this article is effective on the Live OCR function that is available on devices with iOS 15. Enjoy scanning all the live text from the real world and process them digitally on your iPhone. For more awesome tips, visit our blog.