Memoji, also known as animated emoji, allows users to create and customize the 3D avatar. This feature is similar to Snapchat’s Bitmoji or Samsung’s AR emoji. Using Memoji, the users can create and customize their character by using the in-built features like shape, skin color, hair color, eye, etc. Like Animoji, Memoji also tracks your facial expressions. Using the Memoji feature in Apple Watch gives a unique experience to the user. The user can set the Memoji as a Watch Face. Then, whenever the user raises the watch, the Memoji in the Watch Face gives certain expressions. Creating and editing Memoji is a simple process, and it depends on the users’ creativity. In this blog, we’ll walk you through the step-by-step guide on how to create and use Memoji on Apple Watch.
How to Create Memoji on Apple Watch
1) Press the Digital Crown to use the Apple Watch home screen.
2) Locate and select the Memoji app.
3) If you’re a new user, tap the option Get Started.
4) Once you’re in, hit the Plus icon at the center of the screen to create a new personalized Memoji.
5) The screen displays the Memoji face with features like skin, hairstyle, etc.
6) Then using Digital Crown, scroll through the features and customize the new Memoji.
7) After customizing your Memoji, tap Done to save it.
8) You can also create multiple Memojis by tapping the plus icon.
How to Edit Memoji on Apple Watch
watchOS lets you customize Memoji like editing, duplicating, and deleting it.
Edit your Memoji
1) Launch the Memoji app on your Apple Watch.
2) Select the Memoji you want to edit.
3) Edit your Memoji using the in-built features.
4) If you’re finished with editing, select Done at the top right corner.
Related: How to Use Messages on Apple Watch [A Complete Guide]
Duplicate your Memoji
You can also duplicate your existing Memoji and edit it to create variations in your Memoji.
1) On your Memoji app, click the Memoji face.
2) Scroll to the bottom and select the option Duplicate.
3) Now, go to the duplicate Memoji face and edit it in your desired way.
4) Click Done after editing it.
Delete a Memoji on Apple Watch
1) Turn on your Apple Watch and go to the Memoji app.
2) Click on the Memoji face.
3) Navigate to the bottom and locate the option Delete.
4) Tap Delete.
5) Confirm the process by tapping Delete again.
How to Set a Memoji as Watch Face
1) Open the Memoji app and tap your favorite Memoji.
2) Scroll down and click Create Watch Face.
3) That’s it. Your Memoji will appear as the watch face.
4) You can also set Memoji as Watch Face in the Watch Face settings. Press and hold down on the display until the watch face menu pops up.
5) To set a Memoji as Watch Face, scroll and tap the Memoji face.
6) You can also edit the Memoji by clicking Edit.
7) Customize your Memoji by setting up background color, skin color, hairstyle, etc.
8) Now, tap the Digital Crown after completing the customization.
9) Raise your wrist to see the expressions of your Memoji.
Quick Tip: if you’ve created multiple Memoji, you can add all of them to the watch face. Apple watch cycles the Memoji randomly at the watch face. In addition to Memoji, you can also set the Animoji as Watch Face.
How to Use Apple Watch Memoji on Message app
1) Launch the Messages app on your watchOS.
2) Choose the person you want to send the Memoji to and select the Memoji icon.
3) Here, you’ll see a list of pre-installed Memoji collections.
4) Choose your desired Memoji and tap it to send.
Related: How to Setup Hard Fall Detection on Apple Watch [Guide]
Bonus: How to Set Memoji Watch Face using iPhone
1) Open Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2) Tap Face Gallery. You’ll see this tab at the bottom.
3) Select the Memoji.
4) Select your desired background color.
5) Tap Add.
6) That’s it. Now you can see the Memoji as your watch face.
Let’s wrap it up. Follow the above steps above and create your own Memoji. You can also customize and edit your existing Memoji. Apart from setting Memoji as Watch Face, you can also use it in the Message app and Face Time calls. Memoji is a fun way to interact with your friends and families. Hope this article guides you through creating and using the Memoji feature on Apple Watch. Check our blog to know more about Apple updates and products.