Netflix is the most popularly used on-demand streaming service across the world. The app is available mostly on all platforms. You will learn to install and watch Netflix on Apple TV from this article. Using Netflix, you can watch movies, TV series, anime, documentaries, and more. Besides this, you can stream exclusive Netflix originals too. The videos are available in different categories such as drama, entertainment, action, comedy, thriller, horror, and more. It is a subscription-based streaming service and, you can enjoy the content without any ads. Further, you can watch Netflix videos on Apple TV in high quality. It supports setting up parental controls on individual profiles. The videos are available with closed captioning support so that you can understand the content in a better way. Moreover, you get personalized recommendations based on your watch history.
Netflix Subscription Plans
Netflix brings three different subscription plans.
- Basic – $8.99 per month for One device
- Standard – $12.99 per month for Two devices
- Premium – $15 for Five devices
How to Install Netflix on Apple TV
Netflix is available on all the models of Apple TV except 1st generation. It comes pre-installed on the Apple TV 2 and 3. However, the other model users should download the app from App Store. Check your Apple TV, whether Netflix is pre-installed. If not, follow the steps given below.
1. Plugin your Apple TV into the HDMI port and launch the device.
2. Connect your Apple TV to a strong internet connection.
3. Open App Store on Apple TV by navigating on the Home screen using the tvOS remote.
4. Tap the Search panel and provide Netflix in the search.
5. Choose the app and select the Install button.
6. When the app is installed, you will find the Open option. Click on it to launch the app on your Apple TV.
7. On the app’s home screen, click on Start Your Free Month option and create an account if you are a new user. Those existing users can tap on the Sign In option and provide their login credentials.
8. After the successful login, start watching movies, series, and anything in between from Netflix on Apple TV.
Note: If come across Netflix on Apple TV not working issue, you need to turn off your tvOS and turn it on to check if it is working.
Related: How to Watch The Afterparty on Apple TV in 2 Ways
Alternative Way: Screen Mirror Netflix on Apple TV
Alternatively, you can screen mirror your iPhone/iPad to Apple TV to watch Netflix. Here are the steps.
1. First, check if Apple TV and iPhone share the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the Netflix app from App Store on your iPhone.
3. Now, swipe up or from the top of your iPhone screen to open Control Center.
4. Tap on the Screen Mirroring option and select your Apple TV from the list of devices available nearby.
5. Further, launch the app and Sign in with your account with Netflix login details.
6. Select and play any video on your handheld. The same content will play on your Apple TV-connected TV.
That’s all about Netflix on Apple TV. It has offline support, but not all the content is downloadable. From Netflix, you will enjoy watching TV series like Squid Game, You, and many more. The installation will take only a few minutes to complete on your Apple TV.
Hope this article was useful. Drop us your thoughts in the comments section below. Stay tuned to our blog for more such article updates.