Any Apple device includes Siri, a voice-controlled assistant that can perform various tasks on Apple devices. Siri is available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, Apple Watch, Apple TV, and HomePod. You can ask Siri from simple queries to complex questions. Using Siri, you can disable settings, set alarms & reminders, make calls, send & receive messages, etc. You can activate Siri just by saying, Hey Siri. Further, it can announce your incoming messages and calls on your AirPods. On the whole, Siri does a lot of work faster without letting the user lift a finger. However, sometimes Siri on Apple Watch fails to work due to some problems. However, you need not worry as the problems can be solved very easily. Look into this article to know the best fixes to use when Hey Siri is not working on Apple Watch.
Sir Not Working on Apple Watch – Possible Causes
Sir may not work on your watchOS for the following reasons.
- Siri may not be enabled.
- The microphone isn’t clean or functional.
- The Bluetooth or speakers connected to the watchOS are disconnected.
- The latest firmware update or the outdated firmware may be the reason.
- Apple Watch pairing failed or the setup process is incomplete.
How to Fix Siri is Not Working on Apple Watch
In this section, you will find the 9 best fixes to use when Siri is not working on Apple Watch SE or any other models.
- Check the internet connection
- Check whether Siri is turned on
- Turn on/off airplane mode on Apple Watch
- Restart your Apple Watch
- Check region & language settings
- Reset dictation
- Check microphone or speaker
- Update Apple Watch
- Re-pair your watch with iPhone
Check the Internet Connection
First, you need to check the internet connection on your Apple Watch. If your watch is not connected to an internet connection, Siri may not work properly. And also, check the internet connection of the iPhone to which you have paired your Apple Watch. To resolve this issue, turn off WiFi and Bluetooth from the control center and turn them on after some time.
Check if Siri is Turned On or Not
To make Siri work properly on your Apple Watch, you should enable the Hey Sir feature on your iPhone or Apple Watch. To check that, navigate to Settings >> Siri& Search >> flip the switch near to Listen for Hey Siri. Once done, check Siri by asking some queries to Siri on your Apple Watch.
Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
You can try resetting network settings on your Apple Watch if Siri is not responding or working. You can reset network settings by turning on Airplane mode on your Apple Watch. To do so,
1. Go to Control Center on your Apple Watch.
2. Click on Airplane mode to turn on the feature.
3. After a few minutes, turn off Airplane mode on your watchOS.
Restart your Apple Watch
When Siri is not working on your Apple Watch 4 or any other model, you can turn on and off Siri on the device. You can do that by restarting your Apple Watch on your watch or on your iPhone.
On your Apple Watch
1. Go to Settings and click on Siri.
2. Turn off the switch that is located near the Hey Siri button.
3. Now, to restart your Apple Watch, press and hold the side button to let the Power Off slider appear on the watch screen.
4. Choose Power Off to turn off your device.
5. Press and hold the side button again to turn on the device.
6. Now, move to Settings >> Siri >> flip the switch next to Hey Siri.
On your iPhone
1. Navigate to Settings >> Siri & Search >> turn off Listen for Hey Siri option.
2. Now, restart your iPhone.
3. Once the device is restarted, go to Settings >> Siri & Search >> flip the switch near to Listen for Hey Siri option.
Check Region & Language Settings
Siri may not work properly because of the different language and region settings on your iPhone or Apple Watch.
To check that on iPhone, navigate to Settings >> Settings >> Language & Region >> iPhone Language.
- On your Apple Watch, go to My Watch >> General >> Language & Region >> System Language. Adjust the settings for your region and language if it is changed.
If Siri is on the screen, but if you can’t hear Siri on the Apple Watch, you should reset dictation on your Apple Watch.
1. On your iPhone, launch Settings >> General.
2. Under that, choose Keyboard and turn off Enable Dictation option.
3. Wait for a few minutes and then turn on Enable Dictation.
4. After that, check whether Siri is working on your Apple Watch or not.
Check Microphone and Speaker for Blockings
You should check for any blocking on the microphone or speaker on your Apple Watch. If so, it will make Siri not respond. So, clear the obstacle, if any, and then try using Siri on your Apple Watch.
You must update your Apple Watch when Siri is not working. It will surely fix your problem.
1. Place your iPhone near the watch and connect the iPhone to a WiFi network.
2. Launch the Watch app on your iPhone.
3. Go to the My Watch tab >> General >> Software Update.
4. Download and install the update. If asked, enter the iPhone passcode or Apple Watch passcode.
5. Once the update is over, you can use Siri on Apple Watch and it will work.
Re-Pair your Apple Watch with iPhone
After trying out all the fixes, you can repair your Apple Watch with your iPhone to make Siri respond to your comments. Follow the steps given below to unpair Apple Watch with iPhone.
1. Go to the My Watch tab on your iPhone and click on the ‘i’ icon and choose Unpair Apple Watch.
2. Provide the Apple ID password and choose Unpair.
3. Wait for a minute or two, and then re-pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone.
You can use these nine best fixes when Siri is not working or you cannot use Siri Shortcuts on the Apple Watch. Once you make Siri work properly on the watchOS, you can do all your work easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
If Siri is not working on Apple Watch, you have to restart the smartwatch.
Yes. Siri works on Apple Watch.
No, you cannot activate Apple Watch without an iPhone.
It is becasue you might have turned off Siri by mistake, and you might not have updated your Apple Watch to the latest version.