Snapchat needs no special introduction as it is a widely used social media platform and is all about snaps. i.e., The primary focus of the Snapchat app is to share photos and video as snaps. The users can also use this app to take photos with filters, lenses, and other special effects. A report states that the users spend at least 30 minutes daily on the Snapchat platform. Snapchat is the most used platform and ranks in the top 10 social media apps. But this app is not yet compatible with watchOS and you cannot find it on Apple Watch App Store. However, you can access some features of Snapchat on Apple Watch by signing into the browser.
Apple Watch is a great wearable that allows users to perform some cool functions. With Snapchat on Apple Watch, the device becomes much cooler. Upon following the steps given below, you can use Snapchat on Apple Watch.
Can you Get Snapchat on Apple Watch?
No. You cannot download and use Snapchat on watchOS. However, you can access the below features.
- View Snapchat Stories: After signing into the Snapchat account on watchOS, the user can view the stories of famous celebrities.
- Snap Map Feature: It supports accessing the Snap map feature on Apple Watch. With this, you can see the location of your Snapchat friends if they’re active in the app.
- Remote Control Snap: You can capture Snapchat photos on your iPhone by turning the Digital Crown on the Watch. The steps are discussed in the below passage.
- Search: It is easy to search for the person by entering their name on the search bar. You can only search the profiles of famous people on the Apple Watch.
How to Use Snapchat on Apple Watch
Unfortunately, Snapchat is not available on Apple Watch. But, you can access a few features as mentioned above if you follow the steps listed below.
1) Firstly, press and hold the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch until it triggers Siri.
2) When Siri gets activated, it displays the message “ What can I help you with?” on the watch screen.
3) Say “Google Search” to Siri, and Siri will respond to you with a question, ” What do you want to search for?“.
4) Say “Snapchat online” to Siri.
5) Google search results appear on the watch face screen.
6) Select the “Log in – Snapchat” on the search results. Then, tap the Open page option.
7) You’ll be directed to the sign-in page of Snapchat. Sign in using your Snapchat credentials.
Related: How to Record and Share Spaces on Twitter
How to Take Snapchat Photos on iPhone using Apple Watch
1) Install and open the Snapchat app on your iPhone from the App Store.
2) Go to the Camera section.
3) Place the iPhone camera stable at the place where you want to capture the shot.
4) Ensure that your Apple Watch is on the default watch face screen.
5) Open the Music glance by swiping upwards on the watch face.
6) Now, rotate the Digital Crown to take a shot.
How to Get Snapchat Notifications on the Apple Watch
1) Open your iPhone and Go to Settings.
2) Click on the option Notifications.
3) Scroll down and enable the notifications for Snapchat. If not, tap the toggle button to allow notifications.
4) Now, open your Apple Watch and press the Digital Crown to navigate to the home screen.
5) Select Settings (gear icon) from the home screen.
6) Scroll down and tap Notifications.
7) Locate the option “Mirror iPhone alerts from:” and select it.
8) All the apps enabled for notifications appear on the screen. So, for example, you’ll see Snapchat notifications turned on. If not, enable it.
Related: How to Get Facebook Messenger on Apple Watch
Now, we’re at the end. Refer to the steps listed above and get the Snapchat app on your watchOS. Snapchat cannot be accessed entirely on watchOS. Only limited features of the Snapchat app are available. We can expect Snapchat Inc. will soon develop an app for watchOS in the future.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. There is no dedicated Snapchat app available for Apple Watch. But, you can experience some features of Snapchat on Apple Watch. To know more, refer to the blog.
* To turn off Snapchat notifications, go to the Settings on your Apple Watch and click Notifications.
* Select the option “Mirror iPhone alerts from “and tap the toggle switch near the Snapchat to disable it.