The Taptic Time feature is one of the smart ways to access time on the Apple Watch. It indicates the time via vibrations or tap. The Taptic time feature is quite the opposite of the feature Speak Time. Speak Time tells the time to the users, whereas the Taptic time indicates the time via taps. The Taptic time feature is beneficial in the cases like meetings, hospitals, etc. In addition, it is highly beneficial to visually impaired people. Enabling Taptic Time on an Apple watch can be done within seconds. In this blog, we’ve included the complete guide on enabling and using Taptic time on Apple Watch.
There are three Taptic Time patterns available on your Apple Watch. Each pattern follows a set of procedures to indicate time on the Apple Watch. All the patterns are discussed in the below tabular column.
Taptic Time Patterns
|Taptic Time patterns||Functions of Taptic Time Patterns||Example|
|Digits||1) Long tap indicates 10 hours. |
2) Short quick taps indicates the subsequent hours
3) Long taps indicates 10 minutes
4) short quick taps indicate the subsequent minutes
If the time is 12: 22, the Digits indicate the time in your Apple Watch as given below.
1) Single long tap. It means 10 hours
2) Two Short quick taps. It indicates 2 hours
3) Two long taps indicates 10 minutes + 10 minutes
4) Two short quick taps means 1 minute + 1 minute
Total – 10 hours + 2 hours + 10 minutes+ 10 minutes+ 1 minute + 1 minute = 12: 22
|Terse||1) long taps indicate 5 hours.|
2) short quick taps indicates the subsequent hours
3) long taps indicate quarter-hour.
|Assume the time is 1:30. The terse feature on your Apple Watch performs taps in the following manner to indicate time to the users.|
1) Two long taps – 5 hours + 5 hours
2) Three short quick taps – 1 hour + 1 hour + 1 hour.
3) Two long taps – 15 minutes + 15 minutes
Total – 5 hours + 5 hours + 1 hour + 1 hour+ 1 hour + 15 minutes + 15 minutes = 1: 30
|Morse Code||Indicates time in Morse Code||If the time is 12:22, the morse code feature performs a series of taps to indicate the time in the Morse code.|
How to Enable Taptic Time on Apple Watch
1) On your Apple Watch, go to the Settings app.
2) Scroll down and click Clock.
3) Locate the option Taptic Time and select it.
4) Select the toggle switch to enable the Taptic Time option.
5) Tap on your desired Taptic Time option. There are three options available for Taptic time – Digits, Terse, and Morse code.
Alternative Way: How to Enable Taptic Time on Apple Watch Using iPhone
1) Launch the My Watch app on your iPhone.
2) Navigate to the My Watch tab.
3) Locate and select the Clock option.
4) Tap the Toggle switch near the Taptic Time to turn it On.
5) Select your desired Taptic Time pattern from options Digits, Terse, and Morse Code.
Related: How to Change Time on Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
How to Turn On Taptic Chime on Apple Watch
In addition to Taptic Time, you can also enable the Taptic Chime option. Enabling this option indicates the time by sound alerts. You can customize the time and sounds in Chime Settings.
1) Go to the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
2) Click Accessibility.
3) Select Chimes
3) To enable, tap the toggle button near the Chimes option.
4) You’ll see two options below the Taptic Chime option – 1 Hour, 30 minutes, and 15 minutes. Schedule the time based on your wish and choose your desired sound – Birds or Bell.
Taptic Time Not Working on Apple Watch – Fix it!
You may notice that the Taptic Time feature is not working on your Apple Watch despite enabling it. Ensure that you’ve disabled Speak Time and enabled Haptic alerts on Sound & Haptics settings. Then, follow the procedure given below to make the Taptic Time feature work properly.
Disable Speak Time
1) Navigate to the Settings app on Apple Watch.
2) Select Clock.
3) Locate the Speak Time option.
4) If it’s turned On, tap the toggle switch to disable it.
5) Now, your Taptic Feature will start working properly.
Enable Haptic Alerts
1) Go to the Settings app on your watchOS.
2) Click the option Sound and Haptics.
3) Enable Haptic alerts by tapping the toggle button.
4) Now, press and hold down your two fingers on the Watch Face until you feel a vibration. If you sense a vibration, it indicates the Taptic Time is working.
That’s it. Follow the methods listed above and enable Taptic Time on your Apple Watch. If you face any difficulties accessing Taptic Time Feature, refer to the troubleshooting steps listed in this blog. Enable the Taptic Time feature and know the time of your Apple Watch without raising your wrist. Hope this section helps you in understanding the Taptic Time feature on Apple Watch. Check our blog to know more about Apple updates and products.