Apple Fitness+ is the most useful service available on Apple Watch. It keeps you fit through a series of guided workouts available in different categories. It mainly focuses on home-based workout programs, and every week you get 30 new workouts and meditations on the service. In January 2021, Apple launched a new feature called Time to Walk on the Fitness+ app. Time to Walk feature lets you listen to good inspirational audiobooks while doing walking workouts. Along with inspirational stories, you can also access photos and music from influential people, which will help you walk more. A walk impacts our health more than the exercises. Each Time to Walk episode is voiced by a different person, so you will find it very interesting to listen to new stories every day. Now, let us learn how to use Time to Walk on Apple Watch.
How to Get Time to Walk on Apple Watch
To use the Time to Walk feature, you have to pair your Bluetooth headphones to your Apple Watch with Fitness Plus first. Before connecting ensure that headphones are in pairing mode.
Important Note: You need to have an Apple Watch Series 3 or later with Apple Fitness+ to use Time to Walk or Time to Run.
Connect Bluetooth Headphones to Apple Watch
1. From your Apple Watch home screen, open the Settings app.
2. Tap Bluetooth and choose the name of your Bluetooth device that you want to pair.
3. Now, the device’s status changes from Pairing to Paired.
4. Once both devices are connected successfully, you will see the Connected option on Bluetooth settings on your Apple Watch.
How to Start Time to Walk on Apple Watch
Once you connected the AirPods or the Bluetooth headphones, you can use Time to Walk.
1. Open the Workout app on your Apple Watch.
2. Choose the Audio Workouts card from the top.
3. Click on the Time to Walk episode to play the new episode.
4. If you need the old episodes, choose Time to Walk from the menu below to search for old episodes.
How to Start Time to Run on Apple Watch
Time to Run is introduced in January 2022 and it is similar to Time to Walk. In this, you will listen to a running coach as they make their way through the city. The coach lets you feel the route and photos of landmarks on your Apple Watch when you run somewhere. And it also gives you running tips based on your location.
1. Launch the Workout app on your Apple Watch.
2. Choose the Audio Workouts card from the top list.
3. Click on the Time to Run episode to play the new episode.
4. To play the old episodes tap Time to Run from the menu below and search for the available episodes.
How to Control Time to Walk and Time to Run Playback
1. Swipe left on the workout screen.
2. Click Playback Controls to control the episode.
3. Now, you can Play/Pause the Time to Walk episode, and you can rewind 15 seconds and forward 20 seconds of the episode. You can also see what is next on the playlist.
How to Add and Remove Time to Walk Episodes on your Apple Watch
It is easy to download Time to Walk new episodes from the Workout app on your Apple Watch. But downloading episodes on your iPhone will be more convenient.
1. Open the Fitness app on your iPhone and tap Fitness+.
2. You will see the Time to Walk section.
3. To see the available episodes, tap on Show All option.
4. Now, you will see all the Time to Walk episodes.
5. Tap on any individual episode and choose the Add button, and the episode will be added to your Apple Watch.
6. If the episode is downloaded already, you will see Downloaded on the screen.
To Remove the Time to Walk Episodes,
You can easily delete the Time to Walk episodes in the Workout app itself.
1. Open the Workout app.
2. You will see a featured Time to Walk episode on the top.
3. Now, swipe from right to left on your Apple Watch and you will see a red-colored X button on the watch screen.
4. Tap on the X button and the episode will be removed.
That was all about the Time to Walk feature on Apple Watch. To use this feature, you must have Apple Fitness Plus subscription. Apple Fitness+ costs $9.99 per month and $79.99 per year with a 1-month free trial. And Apple Fitness+ requires watchOS 7.2 or later.
Related: How to use Emergency SOS on Apple Watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
To use Time to Walk on Apple Watch, launch the Workout app on Apple Watch and go to Audio Workouts >> Time to Walk and play the episode.
Open the Watch app >> Workout >> and toggle the switch near Disable the Automatic Download option.
To walk more often, you can use Time to Walk feature on the Apple Watch.