Smartphones are getting more comprehensive resolutions, and the iPhone isn’t an exception. However, with the larger displays, reaching out the upper portion of its interface becomes challenging, especially when your finger is small. In other words, accessing the top portion of the screen using one finger isn’t easy. To fix this up, Apple introduced Reachability, a function that helps you access the top of the screen with ease. You shall check out the below section to know what is reachability on iPhone along, with the procedure to use it.
What is Reachability on iPhone?
It is currently available on iPhone 6 and later or those models released after 2014. If you turn on Reachability on iPhone, the top portion of the screen lowers, and you shall access the top of screen menus without any difficulty. While this feature aid you access iPhone with one hand, some of you have longer fingers and find this feature useless. Even otherwise, it would accidentally open up any other gestures. In that case, you shall go ahead and turn off Reachability on iPhone. Whether you want to enable or disable Reachability, the below section is all you should read.
How to Turn On/Turn Off Reachability on iPhone
Here are the step-by-step instructions to enable and disable Reachability on your iOS.
1. Navigate on the apps column and launch the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and tap Accessibility.
Note: Some models require selecting General and Accessibility.
3. Go ahead to choose the Touch option.
4. Find Reachability and toggle on or off based on your requirement.
Related: How To Set Screen Time on iPhone [A Complete Guide]
How to Use Reachability on iPhone using Face ID
If your iPhone supports Face ID, you shall follow the below steps to use the Reachability feature.
1. Swipe down on the lower edge of the iPhone screen.
2. Now, swipe up on the bottom edge of the screen where a line resides.
3. If you don’t touch anything, Reachability will reset after few seconds.
How to Use Reachability on iPhone using Home Button
If you could find a physical Home button on your iPhone, you shall follow the steps to use Reachability.
1. Stay on the screen you like to use Reachability, and double-tap (not double press) the Home button.
2. To get back to the original mode, double-tap the Home button. Reachability reset after few seconds when you don’t touch anything.
With reachability turned on, you can access everything on your screen within reach. You shall turn it off when you find it no necessary. For more useful updates, you shall stay tuned to our blog.